Last Updated on by William J. Lopez
Arcade gaming has been a beloved pastime for generations, and the trend shows no signs of slowing down. With so many options on the market, choosing the best mini arcade cabinet for your needs can be overwhelming. This guide will explore some of the top mini arcade cabinets available and help you choose the perfect one for your gaming needs. Mini arcade machines were the best way to spend hours discovering your love for gaming.
Tokens and coins would be inserted into the machine, and players would have fun trying to make their way to the list of highest scores. In return, most machines also give tickets, which can be used in exchange for prizes.
While these best arcade machines were at the centre of the gaming world, trips to the arcade have drastically decreased with technological advancement. However, gamers are now turning towards buying mini arcade cabinets because they crave the antiquity and nostalgia associated with their favourite games.
A portable arcade is a great way to relive your glory days of going out with your friends, spending hours earning tickets and competing with your loved ones.
Top 10 Best Mini Arcade Game Cabinet Reviews 2024
These tiny arcade machines are straightforward to carry anywhere. So we will write a complete tiny arcade machine review after testing quite a handful to decide which are the best.
Below is a mini arcade cabinet review unlike any other, and each study provides relevant details and the pros and cons of each arcade machine. So, after reading the whole tiny arcade machine review, you can decide which mini arcade machine you should have. Anyway, I wish I could get them all.
1. Basic Fun Arcade Classics – PacMan Color LCD Retro Mini Arcade Game
Everyone knows and loves Pac-Man. It is an iconic game featuring a Pac-Man navigating a maze of dots and avoiding ghosts. Pac-Man is a memorable game; everyone has played it at least once. Since mini arcade gaming cabinets were first introduced, everyone has wanted to own this arcade classics mini-game.
- Nostalgic game
- Fits in pocket
- Quite affordable
- Will be delivered to your house
- Great as a stocking stuffer or a birthday present
- It can be kept as a collectable
- Allows for an immersive gaming experience with a retro LCD and 80s graphics and sound
- It can be a great source of entertainment for friends and family alike
- The arcade is tiny in size
- It does not allow for multiple players to play at the same time
- It may be easy for little children to lose (which is why it is best to follow the eight years and older age range)
- Only has a single game
2. Tiny Arcade Space Invaders – Best Miniature Arcade Game
Space Invaders is another viral and nostalgic game famous for its basic but enticing gameplay. Many people remember the galactic war that provided them with hours of entertainment.
- It can fit in a pocket
- Quite affordable
- Convenient to carry
- Will be delivered to your house upon ordering
- A great break from phones and tablets
- Great for gifting
- This is a fantastic way to introduce your child to your favourite arcade classics.
- Battery included
- High resolution
- The light-up header is included
- Includes original graphics and sounds, providing you with an authentic experience
- Only for ages eight and older
- It may be too small for some to play
- The screen size is relatively small
- Only has a single game
- Choking hazard for children younger than the age of 8
3. My Arcade Micro Player Mini Arcade Machine: Pac-Man Video Game, Fully Playable
It is another Pacman shooter game that is the best-selling and available as a Mini arcade game. It also features a Pac-Man making his way through a maze of dots. I love having this for one of my kids. I gave it to her, and she loved to play with it. I even use it because it is a cute little game with exciting features.
It is a mini tabletop arcade machine that your kids will love. This backlit arcade is the perfect accompaniment for any car ride as it is small and can easily attach to a keychain or in your pocket. This mini classic arcade machine is very small, which means it has been designed as a convenient source of entertainment for you, your family, and your friends.
The My Arcade Micro Player game features a joystick controller and two buttons. It includes high-resolution coloured graphics with the original sounds of the game. The actual gameplay has been restored and made to fit the small 1.5-inch screen of the miniature arcade machine.
No coins or tokens are required; one battery has been included to play the game once opened. The simple-to-understand gameplay can be helpful for anyone wanting to get their child into gaming.
- Easy to carry
- Easy-to-understand gameplay
- Quite affordable
- A way to take a break from phone and tablet screens
- Helpful in introducing children to gaming
- Can be carried for travel
- It comes with a battery
- Very affordable at the current price
- It can be delivered to your house
- Only for a single-player
- It is not suitable for children younger than eight years of age
- It may be too small for some gamers
- He only has one game
- The graphics and sounds may be too retro compared to the latest graphics of the 21st century.
4. My Arcade Micro Player Mini Arcade Machine: Ms. Pac-Man Video Game
Ms Pac-Man was introduced after the original Pac-Man, and while the gameplay is the same, this version of the timeless classic features a female lead in this zany sequel. The game was a way for Pac-Man to target young girls while maintaining the same aims as the original arcade game.
Ms Pac-Man includes the original maze along with the four ghosts. The competition aims to eat all of the dots while avoiding the ghosts. This basic fun mini arcade is slightly larger than the previous mini arcades mentioned on this list. It is one of the most popular retro tabletop arcade games. The 2.75-inch display is slightly bigger than an average miniature arcade cabinet, facilitating a better experience.
The mini Ms Pac-Man arcade cabinet features a bright red removable joystick atop a directional controlling pad. So, you have a choice between two different controllers. Ms Pac-Man also features the original graphics and authentic sound presented on a bigger-than-average screen and machine.
This game requires 4 AA batteries, but it does not need any coins or tokens to work in the way original arcade games require. The best part is that it includes a headphone jack, external speakers, and volume controls for the optimal sound experience. This machine can also be powered using a micro USB.
It has features that the previously mentioned machines lack. The dual powering mechanism coupled with the different options for controlling the sound adds to the attraction of this product.
- It is a better gaming experience as the screen is more extensive than the average mini arcade cabinet.
- It can be powered with both a micro USB or 4 AA batteries
- Quite affordable
- Includes volume control and a headphone jack
- It consists of a removable joystick and a directional pad
- It has two other buttons
- Easy to carry and travel with
- A collectable
- It comes with original graphics and sound
- It does not come with batteries or a micro USB
- No age limit has been provided
- Only has a single game
- It can be a hazard for younger children
5. My Arcade Retro Machine Playable Mini Arcade
This little arcade machine is your best option if you want entertainment for yourself or your loved one.
It has 200 games already loaded so that you can select from various games, including puzzles, racing, sports, fighting, and many more!
This tiny retro machine is impressive, considering how many games it contains. The screen is also bigger than average at 2.5 inches, providing an enhanced miniature gaming experience.
Three AA batteries are required to power this mini arcade machine with multiple games 200. It comes with a volume controller and external speakers.
The size of this machine makes it an ideal pocket-sized source of entertainment. The dynamic exterior design is also unique from other machines on this list.
The graphics are similar to retro arcade machines, but the games are wide. You can find everything from puzzle games to racing and strategy games on this machine.
It features high-resolution graphics and sounds with a volume controller included. The joystick controller is smooth and easy to use as well.
- Contains 200 games
- Many different types of games
- Can provide hours of entertainment
- Convenient to travel with
- Can be delivered easily
- Free return if you are not satisfied with the product
- Worth the value
- Includes a joystick
- Includes volume control
- A way to take a break from phones and tablets
- Great for gifting
- It does not come with the AA batteries
- It may be a choking hazard for younger children and difficult for people with more extensive hands and fingers to control
6. NEOGEO Mini International – Best Mini Tabletop Arcades
The NEOGEO Mini International is an arcade retro machine with a selective range of 40 games, including Fatal Fury & the King of Fighters. It includes some of the most popular games, allowing you to have a fun time playing each game on the roster. This mini arcade does not have a stand like the other machines mentioned.
The NEOGEO Mini International retro arcade machine has a somewhat different design than the other mini machines on this list. It does not have a stand, so it is not as tall as the other machines on this list.
The 3.5-inch screen is much larger than other arcade cabinets, so the gaming experience is bettered. This arcade cabinet has been designed with retro graphics and original sounds from all of the games that have been featured.
USB powers it. This smallest arcade machine also has a joystick controller, stereo speakers, and an earphone jack. You can even use the save/load function to continue a previously played game.
The HDMI port allows you to connect with another player externally. The tiny arcade machine price is great, considering how many games you will get. The machine is a brilliant way to stay entertained, especially during long road trips or periods when you want a break from your phone, laptop, or tablet screen.
- Capacity for multiple players (only two).
- A variety of games are available on this single arcade machine.
- Different options for sound, including a stereo speaker and headphone jack.
- USB powered
- It can connect to the television.
- It has an instant save/load function
- It may be a choking hazard for younger children
- It does not come with an HDMI cable and the required lithium battery.
- May be expensive
7. My Arcade Retro Arcade Machine X Playable Mini Arcade
It is another arcade classic mini arcade cabinet that includes various games for you to choose from! This machine has around 300 old-school classics, including adventure games, puzzles, strategy games, sports, and many more.
Enjoy this entertainment with your loved ones, and let everyone pick their favourite games from the vast options available. Different features will help enhance your gaming experience!
It is one of the miniature arcade games with the screen elevated. The bright red joystick controller is typical of this type of product. It makes it handheld and portable, making it easy to carry on the go. This machine is powered by three AA batteries (which don’t include). The 2.5-inch coloured screen may seem small to most people, but it is by the dimensions of the entire machine.
The fully coloured screen and authentic, retro sounds add to your gaming experience. The illuminated buttons make a fun experience, and the joystick controller is easy to use. This machine also includes a volume control for the speaker.
At an affordable rate, this cabinet has some of the best miniature arcade games on the market and will exceed its monetary value. The best part is that each game is different, so you have various choices. The unique qualities of this arcade machine include the illuminated keys, volume control, and various games. My Arcade Retro Arcade Machine is a mini arcade cabinet you will not want to miss out on.
- A variety of games are available.
- Illuminated buttons will enhance the gaming experience
- Built-in speaker system
- Volume control
- Compact size
- Quite affordable
- High-resolution, full-color games
- Great value for your money, considering the number of games you will be getting.
- It does not include the AA batteries
- Smaller screen size and joystick controller
- It may be a choking hazard for younger children
- The manufacturer has provided no recommended age.
8. Golden Security Mini Arcade Game Machine
The Golden Security Mini Arcade Cabinet contains 156 arcade games. The arcade classics mini list includes Street Fighter 2, Double Dragon, and Punisher.
There are also six buttons and a joystick controller for ease of control when playing. It is the perfect miniature gift for any game lover, and it is incredibly best for children who need to improve their eye-hand coordination and critical thinking skills.
Like other mini tabletop arcade games, this machine has a 2.8″ screen that works ideally in dimmer environments, where the screen’s colours would pop for a clearer image. The screen has also been designed with an eye-protected screen, meaning the player’s eyes will not be affected. The exterior of the arcade machine has been decorated with a fighter in a dynamic pose.
This arcade machine features a rechargeable battery charged using a USB wire (included with the machine). You can also use three AA batteries. It also features a joystick controller for directional control and six other buttons to perform different functions.
A headphone jack and built-in speaker can also be used as an audio/video hole to connect the machine to the television. The rechargeable battery, eye-protected screen, and ability to connect to your television are some of this machine’s features, unlike those found in average miniature arcade machines.
- It has a joystick controller and six buttons that perform functions
- Rechargeable battery
- Eye-protected screen
- Built-in speaker
- Headphone jack
- Includes volume control
- Includes a headlight
- A simulation coin slot adds to the design of the machine
- Includes 156 games
- Free return
- A choking hazard for younger children
- It needs to be used in a dimmer environment for more explicit images
- It may be confusing for children to use because of the number of buttons
9. Hasbro Gaming Stranger Things Palace Arcade – Retro Arcade Machine
Go back to the ’80s with this tiny retro arcade machine! The Hasbro Gaming Stranger Things Palace Arcade includes arcade classics and basic fun games, including Pac-Man, Dig Dub, Galaga, Galaxian, and more!
This arcade machine is a brilliant piece of entertainment for fans of the Stranger Things series. It contains 20 games from the ’80s. Some games include iconic classics like Pac-Man, Galaga, and Galaxian. It makes it slightly larger than other mini arcade machines. The machine’s exterior is decorated with the main characters of the hit Netflix show Stranger Things and the Namco gaming company characters.
The bright red joystick controller is all needed to play the games. There are two other buttons on the machine that perform different functions. 3 AA batteries power it up. This game arcade machine is made for the current generation and teenagers, so it is a great way to get them off their cell phones and enjoy some time in productive activity that will help improve their critical thinking skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Great for Stranger Things fans
- Updated design
- Two other buttons accompany the joystick controller
- A variety of 20 games
- It has a speaker system
- It comes with three AA batteries
- For children ages 14 and older
- Only single player
- It does not include extra features, like headlights, television compatibility, or a headphone jack.
10. Tiny Arcade Pole Position – Mini Arcade Cabinet
The Tiny Arcade Pole Position is one of the most popular racing games. This mini arcade cabinet is high resolution, and its original sound replication makes it one of the most sought-after miniature arcades on the market.
The competitive racing game has been a fan favourite since the beginning. Most people remember sitting on the big chair at the arcade’s favourite steering wheel at their disposal, competing in a race against many other drivers.
It has a creative racer-themed design on the exterior, with some of the game’s main characters on the side and cars in a race. The machine has a steering wheel controller instead of a joystick. The screen is only 1.5″ & the best smallest machine for your kids. It has been designed for children over the age of 8 years.
It includes three AA batteries with the machine, so you can instantaneously play upon opening the machine’s packaging. Two buttons have functions, and the screen has a backlight to facilitate the player.
If you need speed, this miniature arcade cabinet is for you! It is available at a reasonable & cheap price. However, the small size of this cabinet and the fact that only one game on the machine may make it seem like it is not worth the price.
- Iconic racing game
- Different controller than the typical joystick
- It is a great way to take a break from phones, tablets, and laptops
- Backlit screen
- Includes two buttons that have other functions
- Includes three AA batteries
- High-resolution and original sound
- Only a single game
- No multiplayer mode
- No additional features, like a headphone jack, USB power, etc.
- Only for children eight years and older
Best Mini Arcade Cabinets – Buying Tips in 2024
It was fantastic news for die-hard fans about getting our hands on classic retro games, such as mini arcade games, at affordable prices. With all the excitement, there are still a few pointers you should consider before jumping in and just buying.
These pointers will help you choose the features you want in your little arcade games, which doubles the Fun and is worth carrying around.
|– Keychain: Smaller, portable, limited screen/controls.
– Handheld: Larger, normal screens, joystick included.
|Convenience vs. Functionality
|Number of Games:
|– Classics: 1-2 games, ideal for nostalgia.
– Multi-game: Hundreds, good for variety.
|Replayability vs. Specific Titles
|– Retro classics: The library has limited multi-game options.
– Newer titles: Absent in classic-focused choices.
|Longer life allows more playtime.
|Easily available batteries reduce hassle.
|Cost & Convenience
|Larger screens offer better viewing comfort.
|Playability & Price
|Varies with several games & screen sizes.
|Useful for adjusting noise levels in different environments.
|Decent quality provides a better playing experience.
|Valuable insights into actual performance and user experience.
|Read before buying
- Consider intended use and portability needs.
- Prioritize features most important to you.
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- Choose reputable brands for quality and support.
- Read online reviews and compare options before buying.
Remember, the perfect mini arcade game depends on your preferences and budget. Enjoy the thrill of classic games in a compact package!
Mini tabletop arcade games will take you back to childhood when arcades were the go-to place for Fun and entertainment. Best mini arcade cabinets are a great way to experience childhood nostalgia. They are a lot of fun and can provide you and your family with hours of entertainment.
The tiny arcade review above is the perfect chance to research the best miniature arcade game options. The mini arcade machine Amazon will show you will be nothing but superior quality to those you would find in stores.
I hope you enjoyed the mini arcade games review. You will get free delivery and returns for most of the little arcade games mentioned on this list. So you must try the best small arcade machines. So, you must get nothing but the best for your nostalgic arcade gaming experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before buying a mini arcade cabinet, you may have a few questions. The answers to the most frequently asked questions about tiny arcade games are given below.
What is a mini arcade cabinet?
The arcade machine you usually played in the ’90s, so the mini arcade cabinet is the tiny version.
How Much Does a Mini Arcade Cabinet Machine Cost?
Mini arcade cabinets are surprisingly affordable! They typically range from $20 to $60, a steal compared to full-sized cabinets costing $500 to $5,000. This makes them a great home or business option, adding a fun throwback element to restaurants, cafes, and bars. ️
What is the Best Arcade Cabinet?
Are you looking for the best mini arcade machine to buy for yourself? Some of the best portable arcade games include the classics, like Pac-Man, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, and Street Fighter II. The classic arcade games have the most nostalgia, so most buyers like buying them.
Thus, buying one of your favourite games in a portable arcade cabinet will remind you of the hours spent in the arcade with your friends and family.
Is Home Retro Arcade Legit?
Home retro arcade games are entirely legitimate. The term ‘retro’ may be a reason for many potential buyers to avoid buying a mini arcade game. However, the term is purely used to describe the antiquity of the game itself, not the machine you play on.
A retro mini arcade machine can give you one hour of entertainment, especially when switching from constantly using your touch screen or PlayStation controllers to a much more retro gaming style.
Many people buy a retro arcade mini-game and keep it at home to enjoy with friends and family. Others may purchase small arcade games to add to their small business (like a café or bar, where visitors frequent).
How big is a Full-Size Arcade Cabinet?
Most gamers remember the big, shiny arcade machines they used to play on as children. Believe it or not, a full-size arcade cabinet is usually around 6 feet and 2 inches high, 2 feet deep, and 2 feet wide. So, they may not seem as significant for a fully grown adult.
Full-sized arcade cabinets are tall, heavy, and more expensive than mini ones. They can weigh at least 300 pounds, so they may be challenging to place in a house since they take up much room.
How much is a Mini Pac-Man Arcade Machine?
A Pac-Man arcade machine is a primary, fun mini arcade machine readily available for you to buy. It is a game everyone has played at least once in their lives, which is why it is iconic. Pac-Man has become so mainstream that it is now available on all machines.
A mini Pac-Man arcade machine can cost between $20 and $25, depending on where you buy it from and when you buy it. Ms Pac-Man micro arcade machines are available for around the same price range.
How Much Does a Small Arcade Make?
The volume of customers greatly influences the income of the arcade. A mini arcade cabinet can make a lot of money depending on its location and the number of games it contains.
Arcades can earn $150 to $200 per game per week. However, small arcades have been hit hard by technological advancements in the 21st century and, more recently, the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are the Machines in Arcades Called?
Almost everyone can remember the joy of going to the arcade and playing games for hours. The machines that would have entertaining games on them are called arcade cabinet machines. There are different types of arcade cabinet machines.
However, there is a massive trend of mini arcade cabinets that are portable and convenient to take anywhere and anytime. They are available in various sizes. Some can even come with multiple games. You can even find a mini bartop arcade on your bar.