Buying the wrong set of darts without any prior knowledge could end up wasting a lot of your money and time because finding a quality set of darts is more difficult than you can imagine.
Of course, no one wants their new darts to break or not fly straight on their first trial and ruin all the fun & enthusiasm from the start. We have gathered together a list of the 10 best soft tip darts based on quality, price, durability, performance, and our personal experience, along with helpful buying guides and tips.
A good set of darts will hone your throwing skills and will be more durable despite playing just for fun or in a league. You will find different quality based darts for different skill level players. This guide will help you out in your research as well will provide you with factors to consider before buying a particular set of darts.
- Its shafts offer good stability
- The build is strong and durable
- It has a rubber grip for secure gripping
- Two sizes are available 16 and 18 grams
- These are pretty durable
- Easy to carry around
- Comes with 10 years of warranty
- The tips are durable and strong
- These are easy to assemble
- Reliable customer service
- Convenient packaging for storage
Top 10 Best Soft Tip Darts in 2022
With time, darts have gone through some development to improve players’ comfort, accuracy, and experience. If you love the old classic that is fantastic but now you will find renowned darts for an improved experience. There are many types of darts available in the market and the most famous one is soft tip darts.
The main reason for their fame is their lightweight and nondamaging feature due to plastic made tips. And without any further delay let’s dig in deep into the features, pros, and cons of these tested 10 best soft tip darts.
1. IgnatGames Plastic – Top Rated Soft Tip Darts Set
- Dimensions: 5.75 x 4.13 x 1.34 inches
- Weight: 18 grams
- Skill Level: Beginners to Advanced Players
It’s impossible to match brass quality darts as good as IgnatGames. These darts come within a magnetic box case for great protection from kids, dust, and other stuff.
The package of 6 complete darts also includes a free ebook, a wrench for dart maintenance, extra dart tips around 100, 16 flights, 6 shafts, and 12 aluminum O’rings. It has an EZ grip which is very convenient for beginners.
We tested them out for breaking and they don’t easily break. Not a single one broke out on us during our competitive friendly battle between friends. The shafts and tip are of high quality for sure. What is fascinating about this set is its free ebook that consists of 35 ways to play darts along with professional tips, step-to-step guidelines, and different templates. We learned quite a lot of things from it. Other than this IgnatGames got you covered with a 10-year warranty, something you don’t get with other darts.
- Very nice quality for house darts & professional grade steel darts.
- It comes with extra tips, a wrench, and flights.
- A safe engineered box for storing them away.
- These are easy to carry around as well.
- These are pretty durable.
- It has moderate weight which is good for competition-based games.
- These darts come with a warranty of 10 years.
- You can learn new dart tricks from its free ebook and much more.
- These are not lightweight and are best suited for professional tournaments.
2. Viper Sure Grip – Best Soft Tip Darts For Beginners
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 3.5 x 0.6 inches
- Weight: 16 & 18 grams
- Skill Level: Beginners to Intermediate level
Viper has been making quality darts for a long time now and is a very known brand in this industry. Its other darts versions are pretty good too but this one took a second position on our list due to its accuracy and rubber grip.
These are nickel silver plated barrels of high quality that offer great performance. Its aerodynamic build offers less friction against air for more speed. You will find these darts in exciting colors of pink, black, blue, green, orange, purple, and red. With a dart wrench (not included) you can tighten its aluminum shaft lock system for a secure fit.
We loved the rubber grip design of the darts, you get a firm grip on these. These darts tips are 2BA tufflex tips II which are very durable and strong. You can use any size of 2BA barrel thread points for “Viper Sure Grip Soft Tip Darts”. We significantly notice a change in the accuracy of our shots with these. One set includes 3 darts in it. Viper offers only 30 days of warranty in case of a manufacturer defect on these darts.
- Its shafts offer good stability and are well-balanced.
- The build is strong and durable.
- You can find a variety of color options.
- It has a rubber grip for secure gripping.
- It improves the accuracy of your shots.
- Two sizes are available 16 grams and 18 grams.
- These darts’ build and design are ideal for beginners and casual players.
- Don’t come with extra tips.
- It is a limited set with only 3 darts.
3. CyeeLife 15 Packs of Professional Soft Tip Darts Set
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 3.7 x 1.5 inches
- Package Weight: 0.43 Kilograms
- Skill level: Beginners to Pro level
This is the whole package a professional dart player needs if you’re having a big house party. The box contains a total of 15 darts of thrilling 4 designs that are nothing like your cheap bar plastic darts.
In addition to these; the box includes 100 extra Tips, a dart tool for maintenance, 15 aluminum shafts, and 20 flights.
It also has an instruction manual for testing out the 3 different styled tips and how to order a specific tip design that suited you the best among others. With just an email, you will receive a free package of extra tips. These sets are available in 18 grams and 22 grams.
These tips are surely durable and did not easily damage our playing session on the electronic Viper Orion dartboard. We liked the size of the dart tool which is small enough to carry around in a keychain.
Their customer support team is also reliable and can help you solve any queries you have regarding the dart set. The whole set is beautifully packed in a box for easy storing and carrying around. You don’t have to buy extra accessories separately since the set includes all the necessary dart items.
- The tips are durable and strong.
- The set includes all the necessary dart extras.
- 4 exciting designs of flights are included.
- These darts have a nice build and balanced weight.
- Convenient packaging for storage and carrying around.
- Reliable customer service.
- These fly pretty straight and improve overall shot accuracy.
- The quality of these darts speaks for themselves.
- These are easy to assemble.
- These are slightly heavier than other brands’ darts.
- A bit expensive.
4. CyeeLife Set of 12 Soft Tip Darts of 16/17g
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 3.7 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 0.29 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners to Pro
As we mentioned before, life is a remarkable brand in the dart niche. On top of that, they have always amazed us with their quick customer service and the fine quality of the darts. This set of 12 darts is lighter than the other set they are offering; that is 16 grams and 17 grams.
Its whole package includes a dart tool, extra 100 3 styled tips, 12 aluminum shafts with rubber rings, 16 flights, and 16 protectors. They all are nicely packaged for convenient handling and storing.
This kind of set saved us in big housewarming parties and kept a lot of guests entertained simultaneously. The darts themselves and their CL29 tips withstand a lot of throwing and didn’t break in. With the tip trial kit, you can order the tip which suits you the best.
These flew straight and provided a nice grip as well. We find these helpful for practice purposes as well since the set comes with extra accessories. You can choose to play with the most appealing design among the 4 provided. These have aluminum shafts that are hard to bend.
- The set includes all extra accessories.
- These are durable and strong.
- Good for big parties.
- It includes 4 unique designs.
- Tips are of good quality and do stick.
- Great customer service.
- These are well balanced and improve your shot accuracy.
- They also send a tip trial kit.
- A bit heavier than other darts.
5. Viper Super Bee Soft Tip Darts, 16 Grams
- Dimension: 6.69 x 3.78 x 0.83 inches
- Weight: 0.07 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners to Casual players
If you are looking for fast and tiny darts then “Viper Super Bee Darts” is just for you. Don’t judge them for their size. These are lightweight and ultra-fast. They are designed with small bodies for more control and accuracy.
Their size is also ideal for kids and beginners to play with. These have aluminum locking shafts with 2BA Tufflex Tips. Viper super bee darts have knuckled-shaped grips on themselves for a secure and anti-slip grip. These have micro shafts which can replace as well (extra shafts are not included in the package).
We find them pretty easy to balance and that improves the accuracy of the shots so much. Because many beginners struggle with balancing a lot at the start it would be a great help. These will surely nourish your darting skills, especially for those players who are still struggling with balancing.
These are available in brass, nickel silver plated and black coated brass barrels. The set includes 3 darts. Even though they are small in size, still they won’t fit in a case with small pockets.
- Improves the shots’ accuracy.
- Firm grip with knuckled design.
- Ideal size for kids and beginners.
- Good for practicing balancing.
- These are super light and super fast.
- Its micro shafts are replaceable.
- You can customize the length of the shaft according to your liking.
- After using them for quite some time, black paint near the knuckle area comes off, though it doesn’t affect darts’ performance in any way.
6. Viper Bobcat Adjustable Weight Best Plastic Soft Tip Darts with Storage/Travel Case
- Dimensions: 7 x 3.7 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 0.4 Pounds
- Skill Level: All skill levels and kids
Finding the right weight is one of the important factors in winning a dart match. Many players find it by trying out different dart sets, which are not only time-consuming but also expensive. But with the Viper Bobcat soft tip dart set, you can find the right weight.
You can adjust the weight from between 16 to 19 grams during a match to discover your call. It comes with three darts, extra flights, nylon shafts, 2BA tips, flight protectors, a dart wrench, extra grams, and a travel case.
The most fascinating thing about this set is, that you can change it according to the skill level. It is a great option for kids, beginners, casual players, and intermediate and pro-level players. The only difficulty we faced was with the grip. It will take some time to adjust your grip due to the constant changing of weight.
- Adjustable weight.
- Ideal for all skill levels.
- Comes with a travel case for securely storing and carrying around.
- Good-looking darts.
- Great set at an affordable price with an adjustable weight feature.
- It will take time to adjust the grip according to the weight.
- These require a lot of tightening.
- No instruction manual was provided.
7. ROOBEEO Plastic Soft Tip Darts 12 Pcs 18g
- Dimensions: 5.16 x 5.04 x 1.34 inches
- Weight: 0.32 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners & Intermediate
We have another set of 12 pcs plastic dart sets that could be the center of any big house parties. This set has all the necessary accessories as well so you don’t have to take out your favorite set of darts for others.
42 flights in 10 different colors are included in the package along with 200 extra dart tips, 20 extra rubber rings, and storage bags for your Electronic dartboard.
These have a higher quality than the standard darts and each one is 18 grams so beginners, as well as casual players both, can have fun with these. The tips are quite durable and last longer than the cheap darts that come with the board.
- Great value pack for parties.
- 10 color variations.
- Extra accessories are included.
- Darts’ build is pretty sturdy and reliable.
- Not suitable for professional leagues.
8. Viper Black Ice Soft Tip Darts
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 4 x 1 inches
- Weight: 0.2 pounds
Another considerably good dart set from viper is its black ice soft tips. These darts have 2BA Tufflex Tips, knurled design for secure grip, locking hole shafts along with slim flights. The whole package consists of a dart wrench, 3 extra 2BA Tufflex Tips II, 3 shafts, 3 flights, and 3 whole assembled darts of 16 grams or 18 grams. These are available in thrilling colors blue rings, red rings, and silver rings.
In our experience, these darts have greater stability than most darts on the market. The build is strong and reliable for improving your speed. We would recommend these for practice purposes to nourish your dart skills or for kids who are very much interested in dart sport.
- Eye-catching design and colors
- Comes with extra accessories.
- Good addition to the house dart collection.
- Good quality for the price range.
- Offers a nice secure anti-slip grip.
- A good starter set.
- Not suited for premium leagues.
- Medium quality.
9. Viper Astro 80% Tungsten Soft Tip Darts with Storage/Travel Case
- Dimensions: 7.3 x 3.5 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 136.08 Grams
- Skill Level: Beginners to Pro
Tufflex tips are durable and of high quality like steel dart tips but are made of plastic. You can’t tell the difference. It has a tungsten (dense metal) barrel which most pros prefer to play with because it offers not only consistency but also accuracy along with great durability and reliability.
The whole package includes a dart case, 3 assembled darts, 12 extra 2BA Tips, 3 extra flights, and for tightening & maintenance a dart wrench. You can get it either in 16 grams or 18 grams.
Among other darts on our list, these offered more consistency than any other dart or set on our list because of their engineered knurled design for a firm grip. For beginners, it is a bonus feature because each shot is different from the other.
You can achieve consistency only with a lot of practice and experience. You can find color variations only in its rings; the whole design is the same; blue rings, black rings, green rings, and red rings.
- The darts are durable and reliable.
- Different color ring variations.
- Extra accessories come along with it.
- Its engineered knurled design provides consistent shots.
- Its travel case is of great quality.
- It provides great balance and accuracy as well.
- These are compatible with only electronic darts.
10. CyeeLife 18 Packs Soft tip Darts Set 18g
- Dimensions: 6.14 x 3.7 x 1.46 inches
- Weight: 0.45 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners to Intermediate
Another great package for beginners is the CyeeLife 18 Packs Soft tip Darts Set of 18 g. You will get 3 different styled tips of 100 pcs along with 18 barrels, 18 flights, 18 aluminum shafts, a maintenance dart tool, 24 Plastic Protectors, 25 Rubber O Rings, and Rubber Rings Tool and storage box.
This set is ideal for intense practices because of all the extra accessories that come along with it. These provide good balance and accuracy which will help a lot in carving your dart skills.
With this kit, almost 6 players can play together simultaneously. Cyeelife is famous for its customer service; once you find the right type of tip, you can order more tips from them free of cost.
- Beginners package deal for practice purposes.
- A complete set of accessories along with a dart case is included in the package.
- The tips are durable and reliable.
- These are well balanced and provide accuracy as well.
- Moderate quality.
Factors To Consider While Buying Best Soft Tip Darts
As we mentioned above finding the right set of soft tip darts for an electronic dartboard is difficult. Not only you will need a certain amount of money but also a lot of experience and failures to get to the end.
There are two main problems each buyer faces either the darts break or won’t stick to the board. To save you from all of this, and to avoid the main issues with soft tip darts, consider the following factors for buying that we compiled through our experience over time and trials.
Soft tip darts are made of plastic. Although these are cheaper than the steel tips and are safer but are not very durable; until and unless these tips are of high quality plastic like Tufflex.
Tuffles dart tips are sturdy and less likely to break. Famous and known dart companies like Viper use Tufflex tips. The most common size is 2AB of the tips.
Most famous brands’ soft tip darts are compatible with almost any electronic dartboard but to be on the safer side always check with the buy the compatibility of the dart set with the dartboard you have or going to play with.
Soft tip darts are lighter than steel tip darts. The range of weight they usually manufactured is from 16 grams to 19 grams. A steel dart’s weight could go up to 50 grams. If you prefer heavy darts, heavier than 19 then you have to search for steel darts tips.
Heavier darts fly straight whereas lightweight weight darts need more force to fly straight. Professionals go for heavier darts. If you are just looking for a set of your own as a casual player or just a beginner then 18 grams is an ideal soft tip dart weight for you.
Base Dart Material
The two most common materials used as a base material for darts are brass and tungsten. However, you will even find plastic darts as well in the market. Tungsten-based darts are more strong and more durable than the rest of the materials.
These darts are often expensive and are best for professional players and league competitions and offer great accuracy.
The second best material is brass which is not as strong as tungsten but can still withstand a hit. These are ideally used for casual competitions and in bar-based games. If you are a professional then get darts of tungsten material but if not then brass ones can be fun to own as well.
You will find three grip designs in the market knurled, smooth, and rings. The most common one is the knurled grip which is best suited for beginner players. It provides the most secure and anti-slip grip.
A secure grip means consistency in your shots. Smooth surfaces are ideal for players who have sweaty hands.
The ringed grip design is also good just like the knurled design. The more rings a dart have the more grip you will get which will improve your shot’s consistency greatly.
Slim Flights or Thick Flights
This doesn’t make a big difference in your dart game but helps in leveling up your dart skills. Lightweight darts have slim flights and heavy darts have heavy flights.
Slim flight offers less resistance and speed and is easy to throw and less likely to fall off the dartboard. However heavier flights improve shot accuracy so much.
It’s a lot to take in but it is necessary to know about soft tip darts so you can choose the right set for yourself and make it count. Whether you play darts for fun, as a hobby, or as a professional, this article will help you out in narrowing down your market research for the best soft tip darts.
- Our top recommendation will be “IgnatGames Plastic Top Rated Soft Tip Darts Set.” It has quality, durability, and reliability that are a good option to consider for all skill-based levels. What attracted us the most is the ebook that comes along with all the necessary extra darts essentials. From it, you learn so much about dart itself and new tricks and tips to show off to friends and family.
- Our second pick would be “Viper Sure Grip Best Soft Tip Darts For Beginners”. The most unique feature is its grip and tips. This set has a knurled grip design which helps develop consistency in dart shots. These darts have Tufflex tips which are strong and sturdy so they won’t break easily. This means beginners can practice with these for a long time to enhance their skills.
- Last but not least “CyeeLife 15 Packs of Professional Soft tip Darts Set”. A perfect value pack for big gathering parties at a bar or home. The set includes all the necessary darts items along with different designs and style tips. The company’s customer service is also great for ordering the desired tip free of cost at first.
Frequently Asked Questions
What soft tip darts do the pros use?
Tungsten-based darts are the ones used by professionals mostly. The most popular one among pros is Viper diamond darts that have 90% to 95% tungsten in them.
These offer great balance and accuracy that are necessary assets in a dart game.
What is the best weight for soft tip darts?
It differs from player to player which means there is no such thing as the best weight for soft tip darts. Each player’s preference, style, and comfort level are different.
You need to find the right weight according to your gameplay, for that you need time and a lot of dart testing. However, the standard weight players often get comfortable with is 17 or 18 grams. Again it solely depends on you.
Are Soft Tip Darts Good?
Soft tip darts are cheaper and much safer than steel tip darts. These don’t do any damage to walls or you. So YES, soft tip darts are really good to have.
Can You Use Soft Tip Darts On a Bristle Dart Board?
Soft tip darts are compatible with both electronic and bristle dartboards. Since the tip design is the same in both soft and steel tip darts, the only difference is that soft tip darts are made of plastic.
What is the distance for soft tip darts?
The official distance by the Soft Tip Dart Association is 5 feet 8 inches, 8 feet, and 9 ft 9 inches.