Buying the wrong darts without prior knowledge could waste a lot of your money and time because finding a quality set of darts is more difficult than you can imagine.
Of course, no one wants their new darts to break or not fly straight on their first trial and ruin all the fun & enthusiasm from the start. We have gathered together a list of the 10 best soft tip darts based on quality, price, durability, performance, and our personal experience, along with helpful buying guides and tips.
A good set of darts will hone your throwing skills and be more durable despite playing just for fun or in a league. You will find different quality based darts for different skill level players. This guide will help you research and provide factors to consider before buying a particular set of darts.
- Its shafts offer good stability
- The build is strong and durable
- It has a rubber grip for secure gripping
- Two sizes are available 16 and 18 grams
- These are pretty durable
- Easy to carry around
- It comes with 10 years of warranty
- The tips are durable and strong
- These are easy to assemble
- Reliable customer service
- Convenient packaging for storage
Top 10 Best Soft Tip Darts in 2023
With time, darts have gone through some development to improve players’ comfort, accuracy, and experience. There are many types of darts available in the market, and the most famous one is soft tip darts. If you love the old classic, that is fantastic, but now you will find renowned darts for an improved experience.
The main reason for their fame is their lightweight, and nondamaging feature due to plastic made tips. And without further delay, let’s dig into the features, pros, and cons of these tested 10 best soft tip darts.
1. IgnatGames Plastic – Top Rated Soft Tip Darts Set
- Dimensions: 5.75 x 4.13 x 1.34 inches
- Weight: 18 grams
- Skill Level: Beginners to Advanced Players
It’s impossible to match brass quality darts as well as IgnatGames. These darts come within a magnetic box case for great protection from kids, dust, and other stuff.
The package of 6 complete darts includes a free ebook, a wrench for maintenance, extra dart tips for around 100, 16 flights, 6 shafts, and 12 aluminum O’rings. It has an EZ grip which is very convenient for beginners.
We tested them out for breaking, and they don’t easily break. The shafts and tip are of high quality, for sure. Not a single one broke out on us during our competitive friendly battle between friends.
What is fascinating about this set is its free ebook consisting of 35 ways to play darts, professional tips, step-to-step guidelines, and different templates. We learned quite a lot of things from it. Other than this IgnatGames got you covered with a 10-year warranty, something you don’t get with other darts.
- Very nice quality for house darts & professional-grade steel darts.
- It comes with extra tips, a wrench, and flights.
- A safe engineered box for storing them away.
- These are easy to carry around as well.
- These are pretty durable.
- It has moderate weight, which is good for competition-based games.
- These darts come with a warranty of 10 years.
- You can learn new dart tricks from its free ebook and much more.
- These are not lightweight and are best suited for professional tournaments.
2. Viper Sure Grip – Best Soft Tip Darts For Beginners
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 3.5 x 0.6 inches
- Weight: 16 & 18 grams
- Skill Level: Beginners to Intermediate level
Viper has been making quality darts for a long time and is a very known brand in this industry. Its other darts versions are pretty good, too, but this one took a second position on our list due to its accuracy and rubber grip.
These are nickel silver plated barrels of high quality that offer great performance. Its aerodynamic build offers less friction against air for more speed. You will find these darts in exciting colors pink, black, blue, green, orange, purple, and red. With a dart wrench (not included), you can tighten its aluminum shaft lock system for a secure fit.
We loved the rubber grip design of the darts, and you get a firm grip on these. These dart tips are 2BA tufflex tips II, which are durable and strong. You can use any size of 2BA barrel thread points for “Viper Sure Grip Soft Tip Darts.” We significantly notice a change in the accuracy of our shots with these. One set includes 3 darts in it. Viper offers only 30 days of warranty in case of a manufacturer defect on these darts.
- Its shafts offer good stability and are well-balanced.
- The build is strong and durable.
- You can find a variety of color options.
- It has a rubber grip for secure gripping.
- It improves the accuracy of your shots.
- Two sizes are available 16 grams and 18 grams.
- These darts’ build and design are ideal for beginners and casual players.
- Don’t come with extra tips.
- It is a limited set with only 3 darts.
3. CyeeLife 15 Packs of Professional Soft Tip Darts Set
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 3.7 x 1.5 inches
- Package Weight: 0.43 Kilograms
- Skill level: Beginners to Pro level
This is the whole package a professional dart player needs if you’re having a big house party. The box contains 15 darts of exciting 4 designs that are nothing like your cheap bar plastic darts.
In addition, the box includes 100 extra tips, a dart tool for maintenance, 15 aluminum shafts, and 20 flights.
It also has an instruction manual for testing the 3 different styled tips and how to order a specific tip design that suits you the best, among others. You will receive a free package of extra tips with just an email. These sets are available in 18 grams and 22 grams.
These tips are durable and did not easily damage our playing session on the electronic Viper Orion dartboard. We liked the size of the dart tool, which is small enough to carry around in a keychain.
Their customer support team is also reliable and can help you solve queries regarding the dart set. The whole collection is beautifully packed in a box for easy storage and carrying. You don’t have to buy extra accessories separately since the set includes all the necessary dart items.
- The tips are durable and strong.
- The set includes all the necessary dart extras.
- 4 exciting designs of flights are included.
- These darts have a nice build and balanced weight.
- Convenient packaging for storage and carrying around.
- Reliable customer service.
- These fly pretty straight and improve overall shot accuracy.
- The quality of these darts speaks for itself.
- These are easy to assemble.
- These are slightly heavier than other brands’ darts.
- A bit expensive.
4. CyeeLife Set of 12 Soft Tip Darts of 16/17g
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 3.7 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 0.29 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners to Pro
As we mentioned, life is a remarkable brand in the dart niche. On top of that, they have always amazed us with their quick customer service and the fine quality of the darts. This set of 12 darts is lighter than the other set they offer; that is, 16 grams and 17 grams.
Its package includes a dart tool, extra 100 3 styled tips, 12 aluminum shafts with rubber rings, 16 flights, and 16 protectors. They all are nicely packaged for convenient handling and storage.
The darts and their CL29 tips withstand a lot of throwing and didn’t break in. This kind of set saved us in big housewarming parties and entertained many guests simultaneously. With the tip trial kit, you can order the best tip that suits you.
You can play with the most appealing design of the 4 provided. These have aluminum shafts that are hard to bend. These flew straight and provided an excellent grip as well. These are helpful for practice since the set comes with extra accessories.
- The set includes all extra accessories.
- These are durable and strong.
- Suitable for big parties.
- It includes 4 unique designs.
- Tips are of good quality and do stick.
- Great customer service.
- These are well balanced and improve your shot accuracy.
- They also send a tip trial kit.
- They are a bit heavier than other darts.
5. Viper Super Bee Soft Tip Darts, 16 Grams
- Dimension: 6.69 x 3.78 x 0.83 inches
- Weight: 0.07 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners to Casual players
If you are looking for fast and tiny darts, then “Viper Super Bee Darts” is just for you. Don’t judge them for their size. These are lightweight and ultra-fast. They are designed with small bodies for more control and accuracy.
Their size is also ideal for kids and beginners to play with. These have aluminum locking shafts with 2BA Tufflex Tips. Viper super bee darts have knuckled-shaped grips on themselves for a secure and anti-slip grip. These have micro shafts which can replace as well (extra shafts are not included in the package).
These will surely nourish your darting skills, especially for players still struggling with balancing. We find them pretty easy to balance, significantly improving the shots’ accuracy. Because many beginners struggle with balancing a lot at the start, it would be a great help.
These are in brass, nickel silver plated, and black coated brass barrels. Even though they are small, they won’t fit in a case with small pockets. The set includes 3 darts.
- Improves the shots’ accuracy.
- Firm grip with knuckled design.
- Ideal size for kids and beginners.
- Suitable for practicing balancing.
- These are super light and super fast.
- Its micro shafts are replaceable.
- You can customize the length of the shaft according to your liking.
- After using them for quite some time, black paint near the knuckle area comes off, though it doesn’t affect the darts’ performance.
6. Viper Bobcat Adjustable Weight Best Plastic Soft Tip Darts with Storage/Travel Case
- Dimensions: 7 x 3.7 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 0.4 Pounds
- Skill Level: All skill levels and kids
Finding the right weight is one of the important factors in winning a dart match. Many players find it by trying out different dart sets, which are time-consuming and expensive. But with the Viper Bobcat soft tip dart set, you can find the right weight.
To discover your call, you can adjust the weight from 16 to 19 grams during a match. It comes with three darts, extra flights, nylon shafts, 2BA tips, flight protectors, a dart wrench, extra grams, and a travel case.
The fascinating thing about this set is that you can change it according to your skill level. It is a great option for kids, beginners, casual players, and intermediate and pro-level players. The only difficulty we faced was with the grip. It will take some time to adjust your grip due to the constant changing of weight.
- Adjustable weight.
- Ideal for all skill levels.
- It comes with a travel case for securely storing and carrying around.
- Good-looking darts.
- Great set at an affordable price with an adjustable weight feature.
- It will take time to adjust the grip according to the weight.
- These require a lot of tightening.
- No instruction manual was provided.
7. ROOBEEO Plastic Soft Tip Darts 12 Pcs 18g
- Dimensions: 5.16 x 5.04 x 1.34 inches
- Weight: 0.32 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners & Intermediate
We have another set of 12 pcs plastic dart sets that could be the center of any big house parties. This set has all the necessary accessories, so you don’t have to take out your favorite set of darts for others.
42 flights in 10 different colors are included in the package, along with 200 extra dart tips, 20 extra rubber rings, and storage bags for your Electronic dartboard.
These have a higher quality than the standard darts; each is 18 grams, so beginners and casual players can have fun with them. The tips are durable and last longer than the cheap darts with the board.
- Great value pack for parties.
- 10 color variations.
- Extra accessories are included.
- Darts’ build is pretty sturdy and reliable.
- Not suitable for professional leagues.
8. Viper Black Ice Soft Tip Darts
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 4 x 1 inches
- Weight: 0.2 pounds
Another considerably good dart set from viper is its black ice soft tips. These darts have 2BA Tufflex Tips, knurled design for secure grip, locking hole shafts, and slim flights.
The whole package consists of a dart wrench, 3 extra 2BA Tufflex Tips II, 3 shafts, 3 flights, and 3 whole assembled darts of 16 grams or 18 grams. These are available in thrilling colors blue rings, red rings, and silver rings.
In our experience, these darts have greater stability than most on the market. The build is strong and reliable for improving your speed. We recommend these for practice purposes to nourish your dart skills or for kids interested in dart sports.
- Eye-catching design and colors
- Comes with extra accessories.
- Good addition to the house dart collection.
- Good quality for the price range.
- Offers secure anti-slip grip.
- A good starter set.
- Not suited for premium leagues.
- Medium quality.
9. Viper Astro 80% Tungsten Soft Tip Darts with Storage/Travel Case
- Dimensions: 7.3 x 3.5 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 136.08 Grams
- Skill Level: Beginners to Pro
Tufflex tips are durable and high quality, like steel dart tips, but are made of plastic. You can’t tell the difference. It has a tungsten (dense metal) barrel, which most pros prefer to play with because it offers consistency, accuracy, and great durability and reliability.
The whole package includes a dart case, 3 assembled darts, 12 extra 2BA Tips, 3 extra flights, and for tightening & maintenance, a dart wrench. You can get it either in 16 grams or 18 grams.
Among other darts on our list, these offered more consistency than any other dart or set because of their engineered knurled design for a firm grip. It is a bonus feature for beginners because each shot differs from the others.
You can achieve consistency only with a lot of practice and experience. You can find color variations only in its rings; the design is the same; blue, black, green, and red.
- The darts are durable and reliable.
- Different color ring variations.
- Extra accessories come along with it.
- Its engineered knurled design provides consistent shots.
- Its travel case is of great quality.
- It provides great balance and accuracy as well.
- These are compatible with only electronic darts.
10. CyeeLife 18 Packs Soft tip Darts Set 18g
- Dimensions: 6.14 x 3.7 x 1.46 inches
- Weight: 0.45 Kilograms
- Skill Level: Beginners to Intermediate
Another great package for beginners is the CyeeLife 18 Packs Soft tip Darts Set of 18 g. You will get 3 different styled tips of 100 pcs along with 18 barrels, 18 flights, 18 aluminum shafts, a maintenance dart tool, 24 Plastic Protectors, 25 Rubber O Rings, and Rubber Rings Tool and storage box.
This set is ideal for intense practices because of all the extra accessories that come along with it. These provide good balance and accuracy, which will help carve your dart skills.
With this kit, almost 6 players can play together simultaneously. Cyeelife is famous for its customer service; once you find the right type of tip, you can order more tips from them free of cost.
- Beginners package deal for practice purposes.
- A complete set of accessories, along with a dart case, is included in the package.
- The tips are durable and reliable.
- These are well balanced and provide accuracy as well.
- Moderate quality.
Factors To Consider While Buying the Best Soft Tip Darts
As mentioned above, finding the right set of soft tip darts for an electronic dartboard is difficult. You will need a certain amount of money and a lot of experience and failures to get to the end.
There are two main problems each buyer faces: the darts break or won’t stick to the board. To save you from all of this, and to avoid the main issues with soft tip darts, consider the following factors for buying that we compiled through our experience over time and trials.
Soft tip darts are made of plastic. However, these are cheaper than steel tips and are safer but are not very durable; until and unless these tips are made of high quality plastic like Tufflex.
Tuffles dart tips are sturdy and less likely to break. The most common size is 2AB of the tips. Famous and known dart companies like Viper use Tufflex tips.
Most famous brands’ soft tip darts are compatible with almost any electronic dartboard, but to be on the safer side, always check with the buy the compatibility of the dart set with the dartboard you have or going to play with.
Soft tip darts are lighter than steel tip darts. Their weight range is usually from 16 grams to 19 grams. A steel dart’s weight could go up to 50 grams. If you prefer heavy darts, heavier than 19, you must search for steel darts tips.
Professionals go for heavier darts. Heavier darts fly straight, whereas lightweight darts need more force to fly straight. If you are looking for a set of your own as a casual player or just a beginner, then 18 grams is an ideal soft tip dart weight.
Base Dart Material
The two most common materials used as base materials for darts are brass and tungsten. However, you will even find plastic darts as well in the market. Tungsten-based darts are stronger and more durable than the rest of the materials.
These darts are often expensive, best for professional players and league competitions, and offer great accuracy.
The second best material is brass which is not as strong as tungsten but can withstand a hit. These are ideally used for casual competitions and in bar-based games. If you are a professional, then get darts of tungsten material, but if not, then brass ones can be fun to own as well.
You will find three grip designs in the market knurled, smooth, and rings. The most common one is the knurled grip, best suited for beginner players. It provides the most secure and anti-slip grip.
A secure grip means consistency in your shots. Smooth surfaces are ideal for players who have sweaty hands.
The ringed grip design is also good, just like the knurled design. The more rings a dart has, the more grip you will get, improving your shot’s consistency significantly.
Slim Flights or Thick Flights
This doesn’t make a big difference in your dart game but helps level your dart skills. Lightweight darts have slim flights, and heavy darts have heavy flights.
Slim flight offers less resistance and speed, is easy to throw, and is less likely to fall off the dartboard. However, heavier flights improve shot accuracy so much.
It’s a lot to take in, but knowing about soft tip darts is necessary to choose the right set for yourself and make it count. Whether you play darts for fun, as a hobby, or a professional, this article will help you narrow down your market research for the best soft tip darts.
- Our top recommendation will be the “IgnatGames Plastic Top Rated Soft Tip Darts Set.” Its quality, durability, and reliability are excellent options for all skill-based levels. What attracted us the most was the ebook that comes along with all the necessary extra darts essentials. From it, you learn so much about the dart itself and new tricks and tips to show off to friends and family.
- Our second pick would be “Viper Sure Grip Best Soft Tip Darts For Beginners”. The unique feature is its grip and tips. This set has a knurled grip design which helps develop consistency in dart shots. These darts have Tufflex, strong and sturdy tips so they won’t break easily. This means beginners can practice with these for a long time to enhance their skills.
- Lastly, “CyeeLife 15 Packs of Professional Soft tip Darts Set”. A perfect value pack for big gathering parties at a bar or home. The set includes all the necessary dart items, designs, and style tips. The company’s customer service is also great for ordering the desired tip free of cost at first.
Frequently Asked Questions
What soft tip darts do the pros use?
Tungsten-based darts are the ones used by professionals mostly. The most popular one among pros is Viper diamond darts which have 90% to 95% tungsten in them.
These offer great balance and accuracy that are necessary assets in a dart game.
What is the best weight for soft tip darts?
It differs from player to player which means there is no such thing as the best weight for soft tip darts. Each player’s preference, style, and comfort level are different.
You need to find the right weight according to your gameplay, and for that, you need time and a lot of dart testing. However, the standard weight players often get comfortable with is 17 or 18 grams. Again it solely depends on you.
Are Soft Tip Darts Good?
Soft tip darts are cheaper and much safer than steel tip darts. These don’t do any damage to walls or you. So YES, soft tip darts are really good to have.
Can You Use Soft Tip Darts On a Bristle Dart Board?
Soft tip darts are compatible with both electronic and bristle dartboards. Since the tip design is the same in both soft and steel tip darts, the only difference is that soft tip darts are made of plastic.
What is the distance for soft tip darts?
The official distance by the Soft Tip Dart Association is 5 feet 8 inches, 8 feet, and 9 ft 9 inches.