Along with experience and skill, equipment is the key for all sports even for the pool. Some cues come along with the pool table but are mostly cheap and of low quality. To play pool at your best potential and for enhancing skills, finding the best pool cues is important.
Of Course, it is a challenging task so let’s be straight getting the most expensive cue does not mean it is THE BEST one for you or getting your favorite pool expert cue. We always recommend comparing the pros and cons of your potential options to choose the right pool cue and to keep the key buying factors in mind.
The pool cue determines if you are making any progress in your pool game skill. It also makes playing easier and more fun. You will find different sizes, weights, designs, tips, and so on of the cue in the market.
To choose the best pool cue we have summarised a few buying pointers for you to keep in mind, along with a tested list of the top 10 best pool cues you can take a look at.
- It’s pretty straight like an arrow
- The tip is pre-scuffed
- It comes in exciting colors and designs
- It’s pretty easy to clean
- The set includes 4 cues
- Good color variations
- Good hand grip wraps
- Tips are great for spinning shots
- The cue’s shaft is straight and well polished
- The build & quality is quite reliable and durable
- It has a unique anti slip butt design
- It comes in different color variations
Top 10 Best Pool Cues for 2022
Other than being a proper sport, pool games are becoming more of an interactive game as well as family and friends’ casual pool parties. These fun parties are another excuse for pool lovers to showcase their skills and tricks. And to nurture those tricks, these cues will help you a lot in our opinion and experience.
1. New 58″ Billiard House Bar Pool Cue Sticks
- Dimensions: 31 x 7.5 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 5.2 Pounds
- Material: Leather, Hardwood
We highly recommend this set of cues, if you have a pool table of your own and play this sport quite very often at home. The cues build and design are very traditional and home orientated which is also a perfect way of practice. The cues are of different weights but have the same length of 58″. These have 13mm of leather LePro tips which are medium and medium hard; great for giving a nice good spin shot.
The shafts are well sanded and polished for a non friction surface. The wrap offers a nice grip to the cues. We found this set to be of a decent price since these cues proved to be a very reliable asset in our family parties with a cool color collection. However, the weight is mentioned as standard so it is hard to figure out which one is 19s, 20, and 21.
- The set includes 4 cues.
- Ideal for home practices and casual pool games.
- Good color variations.
- Cues have a strong build and finish for reliability and durability.
- These have non friction surfaces.
- Tips are great for spinning shots.
- Good hand grip wraps.
- Not suited for tournament based competitions.
2. AB Earth 2-Piece 58″ Best Rated Pool Cues
- Dimensions: 32 x 2.75 x 2.7 inches
- Weight: 0.35 Kilograms
- Material: Canadian Maple Wood
This AB Earth 2-piece pool cue is both fashionably designed and strong. You can get this cue in exciting colors of wine, black, blue, green, and pink 2. Unlike another linen butt, it has a grip polished wavy design for anti slip grip. Its leather tip is 13mm. Ab is offering its cue in different sizes; 19, 20, and 21 oz.
Its design, overall quality, and strong build are why it’s our second best choice to go for. Its wavy butt design facilitated us to make consistent shots and its grip aids a lot in making spin shots. Beginners can easily learn from this cue because of its easy grip and lightness. It is a great choice to consider for enhancing your pool game skills.
- The cue’s shaft is straight and well polished.
- The build & quality is quite reliable and durable.
- It has a unique anti slip butt design.
- We loved this company’s customer service; very responsive and attentive.
- It comes in different color variations.
- The cue tip is hard and could be fixed with some chalking.
3. Tai ba cues 2-Piece Best Professional Pool Cues and Hard Cases
- Dimensions: 32 x 3.8 x 3 inches
- Weight: 1.2 Kilograms
- Material: Hard Canadian Maple Wood, leather
It’s a great package deal for professional pool players. You will get a cue of 58″ with a 13mm multi leather tip along with a protective zipper hard case for storing and easy carrying around. The cue tip is already pre-scuffed for instant playing. You can get different sizes of 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 oz; whichever you’re most comfortable with. Tai ba offers cues in exciting colors-Blue, black, red, grey, and green.
It comes with a multi weight system which we found very handy. You can just replace the weight bolt from within according to your liking. These different weight bolts need to be purchased separately and are not included in the package. The whole set comes with 3 free accessories- joint protectors, 3 fingers glove, and a tip pick along with a standard cue and a zipper hard case. It is a great choice we would recommend to bar players, beginners, and intermediate skilled pool players.
- It’s pretty straight like an arrow.
- Its leather coated provides proper friction for grip and is anti slip.
- The whole cue is properly varnish so it’s pretty easy to clean
- It comes in exciting colors and designs.
- You will get 3 free accessories; joint protectors, 3 fingers gloves, and a tip pick.
- The design and build are of great quality for durability.
- The tip is pre-scuffed.
- Extra accessories are of good quality as well.
- Instead of real leather, it uses imitation ones.
4. Viper Graphstrike 58″ 2-Piece Fiberglass Graphite Composite Best Billiard Cue
- Dimensions: 31 x 2 x 1 inches
- Weight: 0.45 Kilograms
- Material: Fibreglass, aluminum, and leather
If you want a guaranteed cue that does not wrap then Viper got you covered with their Graphs Strike cue. Its base material is high strength fiberglass of multiple layers that prevents warping, an ideal material for damp and humid locations. The tip of this cue is Le Pro of 13 mm which offers consistent shots and solid hits on the ball. It has aluminum joints and a pin. Viper has cues in three thrilling colors; Maroon, Black, and Blue.
Instead of leather wrap, it has vertex wrap which we found more reliable for anti slip, especially for those who have sweaty hands. We kind of liked the handle grip a lot. You can get this in different sizes of 18 to 21 oz, however, you need to confirm it beforehand with the seller. Although we did notice that this cue is not 100% fiberglass and it has a glued on tip instead of a screw tip. This cue has a 1-year warranty on it.
- The build and quality seemed good.
- Its vertex wrap offers a good anti slip grip.
- Comes in three classic colors.
- Hand buffing near the cue tip is pretty impressive and smooth.
- It comes at a reasonable price.
- Pretty good choice for beginners.
- You will get a year warranty over this cue.
- Not 100% fiberglass. The given information is quite mixed up.
- Not suited for intermediate or professional players.
- You can not choose your weight.
5. ISPIRITO 2-Piece 58 Inch Set of 2 & Set of 4 Nice Pool Cues
- Dimensions: 29.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches
- Weight: 1.47 Kilograms
- Material: Hardwood, stainless steel
These cues are very firm and durable enough for a perfect fit for beginners and house recreational pool parties. These 2 piece pool sticks are of 58″ length with glue on tip of 13 mm and stainless steel joints. You can either get a set of 2 cues or all 4 cues of 16-18 oz.
We recommend these cues for teens, kids, and beginners since they are light in weight. The quality and build are just okay for house parties. Our initial thought was these cues are for kids at the best price.
- Good collection for house pool parties.
- Best for beginners’ practices.
- The build of the cues is quite reliable.
- A decent price for 2 pool sticks.
- Not suitable for competitions and upper level skilled players.
- One of the cues was warped.
- The quality is just okay.
6. Pathline High End Pool Cues/Sticks
- Dimensions: 32.05 x 2.68 x 2.57 inches
- Weight: 0.84 Kilograms
- Material: Canadian Maple Wood, stainless steel
If you are thinking of upgrading your pool skills then this Pathline Pool Cue has all the specs and build for it. 18, 19, 20 and 21 oz sizes are available in the market with different color variations-Blue, white, Red, Orange, Green, and Purple. Pathline is famous for its 13 mm premium laminated red & white leather tip for consistent shots. The cue handle has an epoxy glass finish for smoothness and it prevents warping. You can get a single cue or set of 2/4 cues as well.
These cues have professional based laminated tips that can be used by both average and advanced pool players. With this cue we were able to make a great draw, stun, follow and masse’; pretty straight cues for sure. The tip was well shaped and textured to take up chalk. These could easily be used for upgrading your house pool table and skills.
- These pool sticks are pretty straight.
- Ideal for both beginners and pro players.
- Different color options.
- Great gift choice for pool lover friends and family.
- These cues have professional level tips.
- The build and design are very reliable and durable.
- No warranty is provided.
7. Aska L2 Billiard Pool Cue Sticks, 58″ Set of Mixed Weights
- Dimensions: 36.25 x 4.5 x 4 inches
- Weight: 4.35 Kilograms
- Material: Canadian Maple Wood, stainless steel
These are pretty hard rock pool cues with 13 mm hard glued on the leather tip with solid ABS ferrule. To prevent any warping and protection from humid places, high quality maple wood is used. For better and anti slip grip, instead of leather wraps, nylons wraps are installed. You can purchase these in a set of 4 and 7 cues. These come with randomized weights like black 21-Ounce, blue 20-Ounce, brown 19-Ounce, green 19-Ounce, red 18-Ounce, purple 19-Ounce, pink 19-Ounce.
These cues offer a good level of control over shots as well as consistency. Their quality matched the expensive ones so these are a good option to get for your collection which is why they are also in our top 10 list.
- The tips were already shaped.
- Made with high quality wood for preventing warping.
- Different color variations and sizes are available.
- You can get the set of 4 and 7 as well.
- The build and quality of the cues are reliable as well as durable.
- These pool sticks have smooth and polished surfaces.
- Decent price for the premium quality match.
- Nylon wrap starts to fall apart after excessive use.
8. GARSEN Set of 4 Pieces of 58″ Coolest Pool Cues With Unique Wrap Design
- Dimensions: 30.6 x 4.5 x 3.25 inches
- Weight: 2.43 Kilograms
- Material: Canadian Maple
Another unique wrap design collection is from GARSEN. These cues are of standard 58″ length with a wavy butt design for a firm anti slip grip. It has a 13 mm glued-on leather tip on the top. Different weight sizes from GARSEN are available in the market-18 oz, 19 oz, 20 oz, and 21 oz. You can choose your favorite color from the combination of black with red, green, blue, and pink.
Another unique thing about these cues from Garsen is that they are offering a free replacement for 2 years. We loved how straight and nicely balanced these pool sticks were.
- Great durability and reliability.
- The build is great for quality shots.
- Different weight sizes and colors are available.
- Each one is labeled so it’s easy to find the right weight.
- Quality is great for enhancing your pool skills.
- It has a nice unique wrap design for a firm grip.
- Tips are a bit hard.
9. ASKA Set of Wrapless 2-Piece Billiard Pool Cue Sticks L3
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 5.5 x 2 inches
- Weight: 2.99 Kilograms
- Materials: Canadian Maple Wood, Stainless Steel
We have another set of cues from ASKA on our list because of their quality based cue sets. We didn’t encounter any warp cases with these pool sticks. You can get a set of 5 pool cues of standard 58″ in it. All these cues are made of hard rock maple wood, with glued on hard leather Le Pro tip of 13 mm, that is well dime shaped.
The set includes 5 pool cues of the mixed weight of 18 oz, 19 oz, 20 oz, and 21 oz; and colors- Black, blue, brown, green, and red. The joints are seamless and have a polished finish. All the cues have a nice balance to them. We can say that these are even well suited for APA league teams.
- These are well equipped with quality and durability.
- The tip is great.
- Great deal for a set of 5 cues.
- The vibrant color variations are gorgeous.
- Have a nice finish.
- These are well balanced and straight.
- A good choice for upgrading your pool sticks.
- You can’t get the same color and size at a set price. You have to buy separately then.
10. Rage Heavy Hitter Sneaky Pete Cue, 25-Ounce, Stained Maple
- Dimensions: 30.75 x 2.25 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 0.91 Kilograms
- Materials: Hardcore Stained Maple Wood
This cue is completely maple wood without any sort of steel, brass, or aluminum joint. Rage heavy has a wood-to-wood joint collar and a standard length of 58″. It has a quality leather tip and just has one fixed weight of 25 oz. The look and design feel are more traditional based.
We tested out its quality and reliability and were pretty impressed. Our fellow members have used this cue for over many years and still prefer it to be the break cue among others. If you are looking for a break cue then this is for you.
- A great break cue.
- The quality and polished finish are impressive.
- The tip is well shaped.
- Didn’t encounter any warping conditions.
- Only 25 oz size is available.
Buying Guide for Best Pool Sticks
How to choose the best pool cue for yourself? A question many pool players whether a beginner or pros ponder over and over. Well, professionals do know what to look for in a cue however it takes experience and years of practice along with a lot of testing. We have provided you with a list of top 10 pool cues to save you from all the testing and research work. Now with the following factors, you can choose the right pool cue for yourself. These factors will help you narrow down your choices and save you a lot of time and money.
Without a doubt, this is the main factor for anything you are considering buying. There is a wide range of price range for decent and good pool sticks. However, getting the most expensive doesn’t always mean that it is the right one for you. Doing this will also disturb your over budget limit for pool supplies like cue bag carrier, tip shaper, pool balls, and so on.
Although it is an undeniable fact that the more expensive the cue is the more quality and features it will have. So it entirely depends on your final budget set for pool cues and your purpose of buying. Are you getting the pool cue for enhancing your skill or just as pool house backups? All of these things will help you narrow down your choices.
Pool Game Skill Level
You will find high end advanced pool cues with great features that offer precise and intricate shots. And you will find some moderate level cues for casual players and beginners. Go for the pool cue according to your set of skills. This way you will be able to learn more and do your best. As you advance in your skill you can upgrade your pool cue as well. Keep in mind that professional cues are more expensive than casual house based cues.
Over time your pool skill will be polished and then you can start experimenting with different styled cues to figure out the one best suited to you. This is for far more experienced players.
Hard Tip/Soft Tip
There are two types of tips, soft and hard. Hard tips are more durable, strong, and last longer. Whereas soft tips are preferable for accurate shots and spin; because it allows you to feel the cue ball better. This feature depends on your preference for playing.
Screw On/Glued On Tips
You will find pool cues with either of these tips in the market. The difference between them is that the screw on the tip can easily be replaced with your favorite and preferred tip however you can’t choose in the glued-on-tip cue. Although the glue on tips is more reliable and durable.
Pool cue’s weight varies from 17 oz to 21 oz but you will find even lighter or heavier ones. Heavyweight pool cues are more powerful to deliver strong and spin shots. Lightweight pool sticks are used for making more precise and accurate shots. Many players stick to the weight which they find themselves comfortable with; that comes with a lot of practice and experience.
Most of the cues are made of different types of wood. But you will find cues of fiberglass material as well in the market. The most popular wood in the cue industry is maple wood which is said to be strong and durable and is not expensive. High end rated cues are made of exotic wood which is very expensive but reliable, durable, and advanced as well. Now fiberglass is also being used for making cues that are also strong and durable but some players aren’t satisfied with its overall performance.
One Piece/Two Piece Pool Cue
The only difference one piece or two piece offers you is the portability of the pool stick. If you are just getting the cue for your home then one piece is recommended, However, if you have to carry it to your local bar or friend’s place then a two piece cue is best suited. There is no significant difference in their performances.
The standard size of the pool cue is 58″ but you will find the range of length between 48-58 inches. 57-58 inches is best suited for adults with heights between 5 feet to 6 feet. If you’re getting the cue sticks for kids or teens then 48-52 inches is the best suited length. It’s a pro tip to not get a cue longer than you. It will affect your performance and hindrance in your shots.
There are standard and low deflection shafts of the cue. Low deflection shafts are more flexible and minimize the vibration after the strike. Standards are good for casual play because deflect shafts are more pricer and more advanced.
For firm and anti slip grip, many cues come with wrapping. This wrapping is mostly of leather, nylon, rubber, and linen. The most famous wrap material is the leather one which offers more grip and is ideal for sweaty hands. The least favorite wrap among players is linen because it does not provide much grip. Many players do the wrapping themselves according to their preferences like wearing rubber gloves or rubber wraps.
You might be thinking that it’s not much of a factor but to some people it is. Sometimes the design and color put off your mood and distract you from showcasing your pool skills. Lucky for those people pool cues with fascinating designs and vibrant colors.
If you play a lot and at different places then you need a case for your cue. This ensures the quality and longer life of the cue and protects it from scratches and dents. With a case carrying around cues is pretty easy as well.
Things You Need to Know to Play a Pool Game
A pool game may seem pretty simple and easy however it’s not the case. The game which looks like a piece of cake is quite a challenging one. To enhance your pool skills we have a few tips you can work on to level up your gaming skill.
A good standing position is a key to making a good shot. It will take some time & practice to find the right balance. Create an imaginary line where you want your ball to go. Then put forward your dominant foot in that direction and the other one a little bit behind to create a balance. Lean forward so your chin is a few inches above the pool stick. This will help you visualize the way your ball needs to go.
Once you get your standing position right. You need to imagine the line which will go through the ball and to the pocket or place you want it to go. Then look for the direction of your cue ball which will hit the ball and then aim for that point.
Use your non-dominant hand to balance the cue. You need to make a “V” by placing your thumb against your index finger. This is where you will place the cue. Your palm needs to be facing down so that its heel is in touch with the pool table. Finding the right hand position is important so that the cue will move seamlessly without any resistance.
These tips will help you find your comfortable balanced stance for playing pool. With time and practice, your skills will get nourished and you can showcase them to your friends and family. Not only this but these will help you raise your player level as well.
With the rising trend of house pool parties, many people are starting to get interesting in this sport. There is a seemingly increase in women percentage as well playing pool. After reviewing many different pool cues we have come up with a helpful buying guide and our top 3 best cues. If you host a lot of house parties and you own a good pool table then we highly recommend this set of 4 cues “New 58 inches Billiard House Bar Pool Cue Sticks” that offer good quality and are built for house parties and practice purposes. This set also includes different sizes and vibrant colors to add to your collection.
If you’re looking for a unique style and design along with durability then our second choice of recommendation will be “AB Earth 2-Piece 58” Best Rated Pool Cues”. The main reason is their quality matches high end pool cues to make accurate and consistent shots.
For those who are in search of a whole pool cue package of professional level, we would like to suggest “Tai ba cues 2-Piece Best Professional Pool Cues and Hard Cases” is a better choice. You will get free pool accessories along with fine polished strong and durable cues. We loved how the quality of each item was up to the mark which doesn’t happen in most cases. We didn’t encounter any problem with its performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best pool cue?
The best pool cue is the one that does not get warped over time. It should have a fine finish with a premium leather tip and durability; along with the different options of weight and colors to choose from. All these features make the best pool cue and in our opinion is “New 58″ Billiard House Bar Pool Cue Sticks”. You can get a set of 4 or a single one according to your needs.
What Pool Cue do Professional use?
Professionals use pool cues according to their liking and preferences which they figured out over time with lots of practice and experience. Pros are often very loyal to particular brands as well. The main thing that professionals look out for is the low deflection shaft and quality construction. Keep in mind that it’s not a hard and fast rule that a professional favorite pool cue will be best suited for you.
Are Heavier pool cues better?
There is no denying that heavier cues are more stronger and durable than light ones. These are best suited for breaking and making spin shots. However, some find themselves comfortable with the heavier ones and some players don’t. So it solely depends on you if you find yourself comfortable playing with the heavier cue. Light cues are used for making more precise and accurate shots.
What weight cues do professionals use?
Professionals go for lighter weight cues to make more precise and accurate shots to score more. Heavier pool sticks are generally used by professionals for breaking and spin shots. Professionals don’t just stick with one cue during a competition they tend to shift between weights according to the call of shot.